Three student organizations will hold an event to explore the law as it relates to more than 34 million U.S. military veterans and surviving spouses on Monday, Feb. 28, at 7:00 p.m. in Albany Law School’s Mathew Bender Courtroom.
A panel discussion with attorneys well-versed in veteran-related law will cover issues affecting U.S. veterans, including navigating the Veterans Affairs (VA) system, eligibility requirements for various benefit classifications, and common liability issues for VA hospitals. Panel participants include:
- William Brennan, New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs
- JulieAnn Calareso ‘03, Burke & Casserly, P.C.
- James Hacker ‘84, Hacker Murphy, LLP
- Greg Rinckey, Tully Rinckey PLLC
- James Trainor, Cutler, Trainor & Cutler, LLP
- Professor Evelyn Tenenbaum, Albany Law School (moderator)
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact 518-445-3208 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A catered reception in the East Foyer will follow the panel discussion. The student organizations organizing and sponsoring the event are the Albany Law School Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Albany Law School Health Law Society and the Albany Law School Women’s Law Caucus.