Presenter: Thomas J. Carr, Esq.
Areas of Professional Practice: 1 CLE Credit Hour
Join us on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 as Tully Rinckey partner Thomas J. Carr, Esq. presents a free Continuing Legal Education (CLE) course on “Overview of Drug Crimes: Controlled Substances Offenses.” The course will run from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM in our Albany office at 441 New Karner Road, Albany, NY 12205 and is worth 1 Credit in Areas of Professional Practice. This event is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
There is no fee for this event, but we ask that you please register online through the link above by April 15, 2012. Light fare and nonalcoholic drinks will be provided.
If you have questions on any of our FREE Continuing Legal Education courses, please call 518-218-7100 or e-mail CLE@tullylegal.com.
Topics to be covered include:
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Controlled substance definitions
- Degrees of criminal possession
- Penalties for criminal possession
- Criminal sale of a controlled substance
- Degrees of criminal sale of a controlled substance
- Criminal sale of a controlled substance to a child
- Penalties for criminal sale
- Drug paraphernalia and related issues
- Criminally using drug paraphernalia
- Criminally possessing a hypodermic instrument