Tully Rinckey “Goes Purple” - Law Firm Supports Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Tully Rinckey PLLC Albany, New York Office
Tully Rinckey PLLC Washington, DC Office
Tully Rinckey PLLC Albany, New York Office – Family and Matrimonial Practice Group
Albany, NY – In an effort to help Shine a Light on Domestic Violence, employees at Tully Rinckey PLLC are “going purple” for a good cause. The law firm held it’s first-ever “Go Purple” day, where employees were encouraged to wear purple and donate $1 to the Equinox of Albany. The law firm generously matched employee contributions, totaling $250 for the Equinox, the primary domestic violence service provider in Albany County.
In New York State, October 20th has been designated the day to wear purple to show support for healthy, violence-free relationships. Statistics on partner violence are shocking:
- One in four women has been a victim of violence in an intimate relationship.
- One in four teenage girls in a relationship says she has been threatened with violence or experienced verbal abuse.
- One in four teens in a relationship says they have been called names, harassed or put down by their partner through cell phones and texting.
- Last year, three teens between the ages of 16 and 19 were killed by their intimate partner in NYS.
- Partner violence, usually seen as a woman’s issue, also has male victims.
“Domestic violence is a community-wide issue. It has no boundaries and affects all demographics,” says Tully Rinckey Founding Partner, Mathew B. Tully. “We believe it’s everyone’s responsibility to support the victims of domestic violence and the initiatives, like the Equinox, that advocate for awareness.” Last month, the law firm hosted a free Continuing Legal Education (CLE) course on domestic violence for area attorneys.