The initial consultation kicks off a client’s relationship with an attorney. It is a confidential meeting, usually no longer than an hour, where a potential client meets with a lawyer to discuss a legal matter.
As Greg T. Rinckey, the firm’s managing partner, explains in this video, the following will happen during your consultation:
- An attorney will learn about your legal issue, including your unique situation and your goals.
- An attorney will provide advice and opinions about your legal issue.
- An attorney will help you decide the best way to resolve your legal issue.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Many people ask, “Why do I need an attorney?” By consulting with a Tully Rinckey PLLC attorney, you will obtain insights why it is in your best interest to be represented by an experienced lawyer. For example, a Tully Rinckey PLLC lawyer can help:
- assess whether you have a valid legal claim and how it can be preserved
- briefly and simply explain any laws or rules that may apply to your potential claims
- ensure deadlines are met
- support your claim by presenting evidence and making legal arguments
- examine and cross examine witnesses
- negotiate a settlement
The consultation is one of the most important steps in your case. Here are some tips:
- Take comfort in knowing that whatever you say to your attorney will be kept confidential.
- Don’t hold back embarrassing or personal details relevant to your case. Such information, which will be strictly kept confidential, could influence the attorney’s assessment of your legal matter.
- Don’t embellish or downplay your situation. Stick to the facts. They will help the attorney assess your claim with accuracy.
- Bring the contact information of people relevant to your legal matter.
- Bring relevant documentation, but be careful about overwhelming the attorneys with papers.
- Remember, there are no “dumb” questions. Ask many question about your legal matter – and about your attorney’s experience with such matters.
- Keep in mind that, regardless of whether you retain the attorney, whatever was discussed during the consultation will remain confidential.
Tully Rinckey PLLC’s lawyers can represent individuals and businesses throughout Central New York, including Syracuse, Waterloo, Norwich, Oswego, Ithaca, Utica, Lyons, and Wampsville. Call today to schedule a meeting with one of our attorneys at 1-888-LAW-4-LIFE or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our office is minutes away from the Carousel Mall and several courthouses. Located in Franklin Square, near exits for I-81 and I-690, our office is easy get to and offers plenty of nearby parking.
If your legal matter is urgent, call 518-727-3593 to speak to an attorney 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The firm is responsive to the needs of current and prospective clients. We will respond to phone calls within normal business hours and e-mails within the next business day.
Tully Rinckey PLLC’s “Jeans and Sneakers” initiative funds Veterans Legal Clinic April 28, 2016 – Syracuse, N.Y. – Tully Rinckey PLLC is giving back to veterans in need of legal aid, while also supporting the education of law students by …
Can I sue my mother for changing my last name? Dear Moneyologist, My family has been fragmented for at least the last three generations, creating an elaborate blend of step-everything and relationships that were seldom defined by blood. My deceased …
Ryan Lawrence’s charge has been upped from second to first-degree murder SYRACUSE (WSYR-TV) First-degree murder is the most serious criminal charge in New York State, and it comes with a penalty of life in prison without parole. NewsChannel 9’s Jeff …
Law firm gives “Casual Friday” a whole new meaning WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. (WKBW) – A Western New York law firm is giving “Casual Friday” a whole new meaning. The Tully Rinckey Firm is cashing in on employees who want to wear …
The New York Special Olympics Director of Program Nathan Johnson (far left) receives a check from Tully Rinckey PLLC Chief Financial Officer Jeremy Noble (far right) and Director of Media Relations Randy Simons (2nd from the left). Also helping present …
Tully Rinckey PLLC Chief Financial Officer Jeremy Noble presents a check to the Albany Housing Coalition. The money was raised by Tully Rinckey PLLC employees through a weekly donation box. The firm then adds up the monthly dollars and matches …
Wife deemed unqualified to handle husband’s financial benefits in retaliation for tort claim April 21, 2016 – Syracuse, N.Y. – The financial means of a local disabled veteran and his wife has been stripped away by Veterans Affairs in retaliation …
Delaney Promoted to Helpdesk Manager at Tully Rinckey PLLC April 14, 2016 – Albany, N.Y. – Tully Rinckey PLLC is pleased to announce the promotion of Brandon Delaney to Helpdesk Manager. For the past five years, Delaney has served as …
You’re Invited: Tully Rinckey PLLC Binghamton Office Ribbon Cutting Tully Rinckey PLLC, an upstate-wide coast-to-coast 70 attorney full-service law firm, is holding a ribbon cutting for its new office space at 4100 Vestal Road, Suite 104, Vestal, NY 13850 on …
Tully Rinckey PLLC Partner, Richard H. Sargent, will be participating at the Syracuse Elder Law Fair at the OnCenter on May 8th. Mr. Sargent will be available to answer questions on estate planning, long term care and power of attorney. …
Please join our partners, associates, staff and members of the community as we celebrate the opening of our office in Syracuse, NY. Date: Time: Address: Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:00am 507 Plum Street, Suite 103 Syracuse, NY 13204 Join us …