How can a Tully Rinckey PLLC attorney help you? This is one of the first questions that your attorney will answer when you meet for a consultation. With this confidential meeting, which usually lasts about an hour, you will begin your relationship with your attorney and start on the path to getting your matter resolved.
Watch this video to learn what will happen during your consultation. As Tully Rinckey PLLC Founding Partner Greg T. Rinckey explains, you can expect the following:
- A lawyer will learn about your situation, your legal matter, and your objectives.
- An attorney will provide you with advice and opinions.
- An attorney will explain your legal options for resolving the issue.
Why You Need a Lawyer
During your consultation, you will learn why it is in your best interest to be represented by an attorney and what we can do to help you achieve your goals. A Tully Rinckey PLLC attorney can help you in some of the following ways:
- Determining whether you have a valid legal claim and preserving your ability to make a claim
- Informing you of your rights and any laws or rules that could affect your potential claim
- Making sure you meet court deadlines
- Supporting your claim through the presentation of evidence
- Making legal arguments in court
- Examining and cross examining witnesses
- Negotiating a settlement agreement, when necessary
Tips for Your Consultation
Get a jump start on your legal matter by following these tips:
- Know that whatever you tell or show to an attorney during your consultation will be kept confidential.
- Make sure the attorney is aware of all relevant details, even if they are embarrassing or personal in nature. This information could influence the attorney’s assessment of your legal matter and will remain strictly confidential.
- Try to present information to the attorney objectively. The embellishment or downplaying of facts could influence the attorney’s assessment of your legal matter.
- Provide the attorney with the contact information of people pertinent to your legal matter.
- Provide the attorney with essential – but not excessive – documentation.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Know that the attorney will keep whatever information you disclosed during the consultation confidential, even if you do not retain him or her.
The attorneys at Tully Rinckey PLLC in Binghamton, NY can serve people throughout the Southern Tier, including Bath, Binghamton, Elmira, Ithaca, Media, Norwich, Owego, Watkins Glen, and beyond. To schedule a consultation involving family and matrimonial law with a lawyer, call us 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 607-722-1520 or e-mail at email@example.com.
We are responsive to the needs of our current and prospective clients and will respond to phone calls as soon as possible. We respond to e-mails within business hours on the same day. For the quickest response, call us.
During normal business hours, our client relations team can help put potential clients in contact with lawyers who can address their legal concerns. Anyone who calls or e-mails us after hours should expect to hear from us during the next business day.