Congress has broad powers to aggressively pursue answers to questions on legislative concerns. With little or no warning, a congressional committee may ask you or your company to provide information or testimony regarding your business practices or an event that has occurred, such as an accident or security breach. Sometimes congressional requests for information can be broad or seek sensitive – even confidential or personal – information. The penalties for failing to produce documents or to truthfully respond to questions in written statements or in oral testimony are severe.
The attorneys at Tully Rinckey PLLC can help you and your business cooperate with Congress without unnecessarily divulging sensitive information. We’re intimately familiar with the expectations and unique structures of various congressional committees and subcommittees, positioning us to better negotiate with members and staffs to protect your interests. If you’re asked to respond to a congressional inquiry, we work with you to ensure that you do so promptly, within the law, and with consideration given to the rights of your company and your own individual rights.
Our experienced attorneys offer congressional investigation services, including:
- Negotiating the scope of congressional requests for documents so unnecessary confidential or personal information is not disclosed
- Preparing testimony for public hearings
- Responding to congressional requests for information or subpoenas for documents
- Preparing answers to the questions raised at public hearings
- Establishing a systematic method for collecting and documenting requested or subpoenaed information
- Advising witnesses of their rights at congressional depositions
- Serving as a liaison to the requesting legislative body to maintain a spirit of cooperation and defuse tensions with Congress members or their staff
- Reviewing drafts of congressional reports to ensure accuracy
To schedule an initial consultation, contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 8885294543 or email@example.com