- Family and Matrimonial Law
- Spousal Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Marital Agreements
- Peter P. Charnetsky, Esq.
When children commit crimes in Binghamton, Ithaca, Elmira, or anywhere else in the Southern Tier, the judicial system will treat such juvenile delinquency differently than similar offenses committed by adults. Some key differences between the legal processing of juvenile and adult offenders include:
- Juvenile court jurisdiction is limited to children who commit offenses while under 15 years old;
- No jury trials for juvenile offenders;
- Detention of the juvenile offender cannot be avoided, even if bail is posted;
- Juvenile offender records are confidential;
- The records of youthful offenders can be expunged when they turn 21 years old; and
- Juvenile delinquency proceedings are closed to the media and public.
Call 607-722-1520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your FREE consultation with Binghamton Managing Partner Peter P. Charnetsky, Esq.
During the 10 years he served as a Broome County Family Court Judge, Tully Rinckey PLLC Binghamton Managing Partner Peter P. Charnetsky, Esq. routinely heard juvenile delinquency cases. His long experience on the bench, coupled with his years of experience as a criminal defense attorney, make him ideally positioned to defend your child and work to ensure their mistakes do not ruin their future.
Call Tully Rinckey PLLC in Binghamton at 607-722-1520 or e-mail email@example.com if you or your child has been arrested for using or possessing marijuana or other illegal substances, petty larceny, unlawful possession of alcohol, DWI, statutory rape, criminal mischief, criminal tampering, or any other misdemeanor or felony offenses.
Tully Rinckey PLLC’s family and matrimonial law attorneys can represent parents, spouses, siblings, grandparents, domestic partners, and other parties in Bath, Binghamton, Elmira, Ithaca, Media, Norwich, Owego, Watkins Glen, and beyond. Call today to schedule an initial consultation with one of our family and matrimonial lawyers at 607-722-1520 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to view a video about our consultation process.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week