Our attorneys provide legal services to governments in a number of key areas:
- Contract drafting and negotiation – We protect your government entity’s interests with strong, clear, and well-negotiated contracts for work done by private-sector contractors. When contracts are properly drafted and negotiated from the start, it lessens the chance of expensive, resource-depleting dispute resolution later on.
- Real estate transactions – Our real estate attorneys assist your government entity in executing all phases of real estate transactions with private-sector companies or individuals.
- Land use/development/construction – We have deep knowledge of legal concerns with respect to land use, development, and construction. Our attorneys understand environmental and zoning matters that can dramatically impact your public works projects.
- Tax collection – The tax attorneys at Tully Rinckey can help your government entity understand and apply appropriate tax collection laws to your collection policies and procedures.
- Regulatory compliance – Our business attorneys help your government entity comply with regulations and laws passed down from higher levels of government or across from other governmental departments or agencies.
- School and education issues – If your government entity is responsible for administrating or overseeing public schools or other public education programs, we can represent you in any disputes over the laws or policies that govern that activity, with the goal of resolving issues to your satisfaction.
- Ethics matters – If you or someone within your government entity is charged with ethics violations, our skilled attorneys offer representation or investigative services. We use time-tested inquiry and investigation techniques to get to the bottom of the matter, identifying any wrongdoing and working to resolve issues expediently.
- Employee claims – Our attorneys assist you in dealing with employee claims of discrimination, harassment, workers compensation, equal opportunity employment (EEO), or other employment issues. Using proven methods of investigation, we often resolve disputes before they reach arbitration.
- Immigration and worker status issues – The knowledgeable attorneys at Tully Rinckey provide a complete range of immigration legal services, including citizenship and naturalization, Green Card procurement and renewal, deportation and removal defense, and nonimmigrant visas.
- Labor management negotiations – We have extensive experience in negotiating with unions and other labor groups. Our attorneys help ensure that your government entity complies with labor agreements, and we can represent you in mediation over disputes.
- Arbitrations and lawsuits – When disputes of any kind occur, our litigation attorneys determinedly represent the interests of your government entity or its employees in mediations or arbitration hearings. In the rare case that an employee of your government entity is sued, as with claims made under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), we offer strong representation in the courts. We stand ready to fight for your rights and defend your government entity in cases of appeal, too.
The proven attorneys at Tully Rinckey understand the legal implications of governments at work for the public good. We offer a full spectrum of legal services to meet most any legal need you have, so you can get back to doing what you were hired or elected to do – govern. We’re ready to work for you and the people you represent.
To schedule an initial consultation, contact us at (888)529-4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org