- Family and Matrimonial Law
- Spousal Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Marital Agreements
- Peter P. Charnetsky, Esq.
Even before spouses in Binghamton, Elmira, Ithaca, or elsewhere in the Southern Tier initiate the divorce process by filing a summons, there are steps they should take to protect their financial security, the best interest of their children, and their life goals. These steps include the following:
1. Financial Planning
- Collect critical documents, such as tax returns, bank and credit card statements, health and life insurance policies, pension plan documents, mortgages and deeds, and pay stubs.
- Establish financial independence by setting up separate bank accounts and credit cards.
- List all big-ticket purchases made during the marriage.
2. Planning with Children
- Do not move out of the house without the children, especially if you want child custody, unless you have already consulted with an attorney.
- Be honest with your children and spend as much time with them as possible.
3. Mental and Emotional Planning
- Prepare yourself for an emotional roller coaster ride.
- Establish an emotional support network of friends, family members, therapists, and spiritual advisors.
- Educate yourself about the emotional aspects of divorce by reading books on the topic.
Call 607-722-1520 or email email@example.com to schedule your FREE consultation with Binghamton Managing Partner Peter P. Charnetsky, Esq.
Throughout his 30 years in the law, Tully Rinckey PLLC Binghamton Managing Partner and former Broome County Family Court Judge Peter P. Charnetsky, Esq. has seen thousands of people in the Southern Tier go through divorces. If you are concerned about advancing beyond the pre-divorce stage, consult with Mr. Charnetsky. He can help you understand your rights and develop a strategy for achieving your goals. Schedule your initial consultation with an experienced divorce lawyer in Binghamton by calling Tully Rinckey PLLC at 607-722-1520 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tully Rinckey PLLC’s family and matrimonial law attorneys can represent parents, spouses, siblings, grandparents, domestic partners, and other parties in Bath, Binghamton, Elmira, Ithaca, Media, Norwich, Owego, Watkins Glen, and beyond. Call today to schedule an initial consultation with one of our family and matrimonial lawyers at 607-722-1520 or e-mail email@example.com. Click here to view a video about our consultation process.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week